This is the first time in a long time that I haven't had a baby on the way or been nursing one. It's kind of weird. I miss it. No, really.
However, I am taking advantage of the time that I have been given and I am more mindful than ever of the opportunities that I have to study and learn, InshaALLAH. I am trying to spend more quality time with the children and hey, if and when the next one comes, they will all be old enough to help in one way or another, right?
There are some key activities that I want to accomplish in the meantime. In no particular order, they are:
1. Get in shape. I am in terrible shape at the moment. I have a bad back and knees and feet! and have to see a physiotherapist because of it. This has to be high on the list because I like to stand. And walk.
2. Eat a balanced diet. Sister Farhana might have to help me with this one. I'm good for a while and then I slack off BIG TIME. My food pyramid is upside down.
3. Get rid of clutter. It's a madhouse over here. I've started getting rid of junk and plan to give some things that we just don't need to charity. It's a big project.
4. Get outside more. This is mostly hindered by the weather (it snowed again!)
5. Go to the masjid regularly. I honestly don't go that often, but I've been going a lot more since the Sheikh comes to town regularly.
6. Work on being the woman that I want my daughters to emulate and my son to respect. This is a hard one and truly, none of these on the list should stop ever, but I'm just thinking out loud and because I have the clear mind to do that, it's on the list.
7. Research my family tree. This takes a lot of time and effort. It's very tedious and stressful sometimes but it is rewarding. I've learned a lot about my family in a short amount of time.
8. Memorize more Qur'an. I'm working on it (nearly) every day. I need to make it every day. Right now, I'm memorizing about 5 out of 6 days.
9. Take care of myself first. That's what this is all about, isn't it? I often think of the children first and usually don't get to myself. It's not good to lose one's self.
10. Enjoy needing only one stroller. LOL
What are some things that you are working on?
Saturday, March 26, 2011
ON 9:25 AM